Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blackberry Tarts


With some of the leftover dough from my mini blueberry tartelettes, I decided to make blackberry tarts as well. I love the versatility that comes with making dough. The dough recipe I use is super simple to put together and I find that only slightly tedious part is to roll out the dough to your desired consistency and shape. To tell you the truth, I have a myriad of kitchen gadgets in the house but still haven't gotten around to purchasing a rolling-pin. It's more out of sheer laziness than anything else - when I go to my favorite kitchen stores I usually have a dozen things I want to buy and by the time I remember to get the rolling pin, I'm already out of the store and don't go back in. So, I've been using an empty wine bottle to roll out dough. While it does the trick, I'm thinking that next time I'm headed for the store I'm grabbing that rolling-pin before anything else catches my eye.

I guess the moral of the story is that sometimes, even without the right tools to do the job, the end result can be pretty good!

This recipe is the same one as the blueberry tartelettes recipe, but I omitted the glaze and baked the tarts for a few minutes longer because of their larger size.

23 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

The end results can be MORE than good, by the looks of those tarts - perfection!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Your tarts are just beautiful. I can only imagine home good they taste.

unconfidential cook said...

I can't decide between the two....So, how 'bout both, plus raspberry and strawberry?

Elyse said...

Mmm, these blackberry tarts look completely delicious! I don't have a rolling pin either--I've been using a piece of PVC pipe. Oh pathetic, right? Maybe we can remind each other that we need rolling pins :)

Cathy said...

What a beautiful blog you have. I'm looking forward to trying your recipes.

And thank you so much for your visit. I hope you will come back again soon.

MaryBeth said...

Your tarts look perfect, just like something I would buy in cute little bakery. Well done!

Jo said...

Beautiful looking tarts and I am sure they were just as tasty.

lisaiscooking said...

Your tarts look fantastic! The wine bottle is clearly working very well for you.

test it comm said...

Those tarts look so good!

CookiePie said...

Those tarts are simply gorgeous!!!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous!!!!

oneordinaryday said...

What beautiful tarts. I love blackberries and this is making me long for blackberry season!
Michelle
http://oneordinaryday.wordpress.com/

Natalie said...

Beautiful Job. I would pay good money for something so pretty and delicious!

Tarts are unknown territory for me but they are so gorgeous I may start to experiment soon!

Cynthia said...

I totally agree with that story moral.

The Italian Dish said...

Exquisite.

Dunja said...

absolutely amasing =)

Simones Kitchen said...

Those tartellets look seriously good! Nothing wrong with using a winebottle... I've done it for year although I'm quite pleased to say that I now have not one but two rolling pins! They do make life a tiny bit easier.

Anonymous said...

look absolutely perfect. blackberries are so tasty!

Ash said...

Oh wow! These looks fabulous! I love blackberries!

gine said...

lovely :-)!!!

Coffee and Vanilla said...

Beautiful!!

Enjoy your day and don't forget to send your entry for chocolate-making kit giveaway on my site ;)

Margot

Jude said...

Can't wait to get my hands on the first blackberries of the season. Your lighting in the photo is amazing!

test it comm said...

Now that is a nice way to enjoy some blackberries! The tarts look great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin